Friday, February 11, 2022

State Birds on Postcards

Red Cardinal, Illinois State Bird

Pretty red cardinal by Original Artist WindyDesign against a burlap background, c. 2022. I say circa, because the bird was drawn in 2021, and the burlap was photographed at a flea market in North Carolina in 2015 and the card was designed yesterday. I am loving the age of digital art in which you can combine disciplines over media and over time, even years. There is so very much to spark creativity. And in creating this card, I was reminded that people are very interested in state symbols and want to collect representations of them.

State Birds, State Mottos, State Flags.....  

Each state has a number of concepts honored through the state symbol system. Would you believe that Maryland even has a state dessert? I will have to get myself a piece, photograph (if I can wait that long) and make a nice Maryland State Dessert postcard out of a beautiful piece of Smith Island Cake. I would search Zazzle to see if some enterprising Zazzle Creator has already done that, but I am pretty sure I would not find one.  Maybe on Etsy! State symbols make excellent options for postcrossing. Share a nice photograph, drawing or painting of a state bird, a state flower, or what-have-you and now you have a nice topic to write about too. Happy postcrossing!

If Zazzle should send me a penny or two when someone buys something I have carefully chosen to display on this blog, the price stays the same. The card costs nothing extra. For the reader, my quest to find and post some nice cards you might want adds nothing to the cost.

Illinois State Bird  Postcard

No comments:

Post a Comment

State Birds on Postcards

Red Cardinal, Illinois State Bird Pretty red cardinal by Original Artist WindyDesign against a burlap background, c. 2022. I say circa, beca...