Friday, May 27, 2022

Feeling Bad is for the Birds

Waiting to Feel Better

I've been waiting to feel better so I can put together another blog post. 

First it was a concussion and then it was COVID and now it is the paxlovid drug for the coronavirus, which is not making me feel great. I am almost,  just about better, so I am going to start assembling today for a new post, a full length one. And in the meantime, a quickie postcard blog post for my readers. 

Today I will share just this one postcard, showing a northern cardinal perched on top of a mail box. It almost looks like this little guy is waiting for the post to be delivered.  We postcrossers always seem to be waiting, waiting and waiting. We may be anxiously watching to see when one of our own postcards will be registered on site, showing that some lucky person somewhere has their hands on the card we picked out days or weeks ago. This means that we can draw another address and choose another perfect postcard to send zooming around the world.  And of course we wait for the mail to come to our own homes, too. We are curious to find out what treasures a postcrosser from across the world might have sent our way! I am told I have two cards in the box right now. I use Informed Delivery from the USPS so I can see a photo of what's coming before the mail carrier actually brings it out. Have you tried this? It's a fantastic service. I can see the back of the card and read it in my email online, but I don't! I always avert my eyes and wait for the real card to arrive. We do Postcrossing precisely because we love real mail.

Cardinal Waiting in Original Form


Cardinal in Sepia 

In many cases you can alter the photo somewhat before you order the postcard.  I played around with this one, using the sepia filter and flipping the image from left to right. I love this card both ways!  Keep in mind that when you order a customized card from Zazzle, you are still ordering from the Zazzle Creator who made the original card, and that person still gets the commission due. And you can be proud to support that particular person who posted the beautiful in the first place.


You can go even further with customizing

Have some fun! It's Zazzle, where customization is King. Most creators have enabled customization on most of their products. You become a co-creator and enter the creative process right along with the artist, when you use the design tool to modify the postcard to your liking. You can even add text! And with that reminder, I will say good bye for now. I have another blog post to write up!


If Zazzle should send me a penny or two when someone buys something I have carefully chosen to display on this blog, the price stays the same. The card costs nothing extra. For the reader, my quest to find and post some nice cards in which you might be interested, adds no cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State Birds on Postcards

Red Cardinal, Illinois State Bird Pretty red cardinal by Original Artist WindyDesign against a burlap background, c. 2022. I say circa, beca...